Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a Family away from home...

Last 5 days have been incredible! I have been sleeping for just 6 hours every night...travelling for long times, missing meals...still these were the best days in Singapore!

Saturday I went to Kiranji's place for Rudra Pooja and satsang...and just stepping in, I felt back at home! I could feel that belongingness, that love, that bliss, the home away from home...
And it kept being more and more blissful...the Om Namah Shivay chanting and my first satsang outside of India...they were just awe...wait for it...SOME!

On Sunday, Art Of Living Singapore had arranged for a blood donation drive at the Health Sciences Authority in the city. I donated blood, second time...feels wonderful to have contributed back to the society, back to the nature. Met wonderful friends...Ragahavendra, Selvi, Shalini...active volunteers here...making big difference in the lives of a distant land :)



I also got to attend the Mothers' Day celebrations here at Tiong Bahru. Art of Living members here have adopted 10 needy poor families and meets them regularly and communicates their problems and solutions to the government, which is more than ready to provide it. It was so touching to see them enjoy...the music, the games, the party...(videos are coming soon...)

Monday, there was the Maha Sudarshan Kriya at the Grand Park Plaza Hotel Ballroom! Its one of the best hotels in Singapore...in the City Hall area, one of the grand localities here. And it was just amazing and breathtaking to meditate in the Ballroom of a Five Star Hotel! It was phenomenal...

Today, on Guruji's Birthday we had a Maha Satsang at the Jalan Ampas AOL Centre. Chinese songs and A.R.Rehman's songs together...simply awesome! Great to meet so many people...different languages, different regions, different stratas...celebrating together with fun joy and bliss!

Thanks to the people I met, the friends I have here now, I dont miss home or India anymore...
With Guruji, every place on the earth just feels like home...

2 comments:

  1. You said you are sleeping only 5hr per day/night? Who is there to wake you up? :)

    Enjoy your AOL activities. jai guru dev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are my buddies in Ashtavakra wake me up :)
    are send me that video of me sleeping during DSN...

    ReplyDelete