Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Settling Down...

Yeah this is the most important part of the journey (or the odyssey...whatever you may call it...)

I just came here yesterday morning...it was a beautiful drive in a luxurious car(yes...the taxi was an accord!) fromt the Changi Airport to the Raffles Hostel on Clementi Road...southwest of NUS walking distance from the NUS and the Harbour.

I haven't uploaded the photos yet...still getting acquainted to blogger...but that will come soon :)

I am staying at a private hostel and mostly everyone heres studying in NUS...4 Chennai guys downstairs...2 chinese girls in the next room and some other people I havent met yet...but it really feels like an international congregation :P :D

I was a bit out at sea when I came...knew nobody, cudn't understand Singlish (thats what they callit over here...its English in Singapore accent...n its very similar sounding to chinese...) was really fed up of seeing chinese people all over...same built, same colour, similar faces...n a weird accent I cudnt understand!

What topped my 'waay-waay' (google 'Anand Rajendran' for this phrase...) was the utter discipline and organsiation in every second of life here...and I knew nothing...where to get a bus...wheres which place...how to pay for the ticket...and cudn't get what people aroung were telling me...but they help a lot!

People in Singapore are really nice, innocent, kind and disciplined people...and one can smell the spirit of a great organising harmony even in the smallest of things...

Now, that I've explored around a bit myself...thanks to the DSN I did, I feel at home everywhere in the world...I'm feeling just at home...like at IIT...with friends who understand me and are really nice people!

2 days in Singapore have really opened my eyes to innovations, organisation, management, rampant use of technology and most of all...Love for a disciplined life!
More to follow about this in the next post...

Bye Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment