Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yeh jo Des hain mera...

OK...I'm back to my Puneri habit of lecturing...

well most of you will know how much patriotic I'm and a die-hard fan of "Swades" n RDB !...many of you must have heard me talking(rather giving sermons) on how we youth should get together to reform our country n why its necessary for the intellegentsia to to get into politics...n believe me I seriously wanted to become a politician...
but somehow 2 years in IIT and maybe some realities caused me to chicken out...n this has been worrying me lately...especially now that I've decided to go for a PhD in US...n thought better ask U guys for comments... :)

well as my wingies say, Physics or for that matter any Science is out of Nationalities and patriotism and doing your job efficiently is serving humanity which does include your motherland !

but, how can I just leave my roots ? its not just about patriotism, but generally about cowardly slipping out from moral responsibilities...
why cant I help Indian students in the future to get better opportunities for research in India itself ?...why should everyone go abroad to do meaningful research ?...though ultimately its working for humanity as a whole, then why cant one work anywhere he wants to...why do some people get advantage ?... why is "basic sciences" considered meagre in India ?...
why should I toil to prove my memory to mug up 5000 words which are never used by even the people who want me to know them!
how about foreign students giving GRE to get a PhD in India?...its a farsighted dream, practically almost impossible...but why not ?

my inner idea remains the same to build a better glorious India, though my means have changed a lot, maybe I wasnt made for being a politician...but a visionary who transformed the face of research in India...

I know its "Vaadhiv" but unless you dream big...you wont achieve Big !
its said : "dreams are not the ones that come during sleep,
but those which will never let you sleep until completed..."

2 comments:

  1. I liked your candidness in this post. My viewpoint: our aspirations do change with time, and it is alright. You wanted to become a politician earlier, and now a researcher; but as you have said your fundamental idea of contributing towards making of a glorious India has remained unchanged... so this is alright according to me.

    Now, all one has to do is to figure out the best possible way in which he can work towards his goal. This would depend upon the data available at the time. As time progresses, with more data coming in, 'the best possible way' may change; and doing that at that time will be the most intelligent thing to do.

    Thanks,
    Kishore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...absolutely Kishore!
    I've started to realise this, and don't blame myself as being double-minded or defeatist...its just that as you walk along, you take the Best way to your goal! Its all the same when the destination remains the same and you enjoy the path too!

    ReplyDelete